KI is looking for a highly skilled research scientist to join our research team. The candidate of interest has strong machine learning foundations and hands-on experience in algorithm development and advanced data analysis. The researcher is able to execute independent end-to-end data-driven research projects in the healthcare domain, including identifying the clinical need, obtaining and curating the data, developing the analysis algorithms, analyzing the results and writing scientific manuscripts. In this role, the candidate will be a part of a highly collaborative research team, guide students and present the team’s work externally.
- Advanced academic degree in exact sciences, engineering or relevant life sciences field (PhD/Postdoc– advantage)
- 3+ years of work experience following academic degree
- Theoretical understanding and practical experience with machine learning / statistical inference methods
- Experience with big data algorithm development (medical data – advantage)
- Research at KI involves analyzing real-world electronic health records (including patients’ demographics, diagnoses, procedures, lab test results, etc.) – candidates should have experience with analyzing similar data types.
- Strong programming skills (C++/Java/python/R)
- Scientific writing and presentation skills
- Ego-free team player